News

$150K Bond Set for Convicted Felon Accused in Jonesboro Apartment Shooting

$150K Bond Set for Convicted Felon Accused in Jonesboro Apartment Shooting

Photo: Craighead County Sheriffs Office


Jonesboro, AR – Jonesboro Right Now – A Jonesboro man faces multiple charges after police said he fired shots into occupied homes and vehicles late last month.

District Judge David Boling found probable cause Aug. 10 to charge 22-year-old Jametrius Jaquan Thomas with the following offenses:

  • Terroristic act – occupiable structure (Class B felony)
  • Possession of a firearm by certain person/prior felony (Class D felony)
  • Violation of a no contact order (Unclassified)

According to a probable cause affidavit, Jonesboro police officers responded on July 26 to reports of shots fired at an address on Fox Meadow Lane.

ADD US ON GOOGLE NEWS: Click here to see more local news from Jonesboro Right Now

The victim told investigators that a white SUV pulled into the apartment complex and a man got out. After the victim confronted the occupants and ordered them to leave, the SUV drove away. Moments later, the vehicle returned, heading west on Fox Meadow Lane, and the victim heard multiple gunshots coming from the road.

Officers located three spent shell casings in the street directly outside the home. Investigators later discovered bullet strikes across multiple homes and vehicles in the area.

During a recorded interview on July 31, a witness identified Thomas as the shooter. The witness stated Thomas arrived in the SUV, argued with the victim, left, and returned in the vehicle shortly before gunfire erupted. Investigators confirmed the witness’s account through audio and surveillance video recovered from the scene.

Officers arrested Thomas at his residence on Aug. 10, where they recovered a 9mm Glock handgun.

Court documents noted that Thomas has prior felony convictions, including offenses involving violent crimes. Additionally, Thomas was present at the residence with an individual protected by an active no-contact order issued July 20 in Craighead County District Court.

Boling set Thomas’s bond at $150,000 and ordered him to have no contact with the victim. His next court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 30.

| DAILY BRIEF: Sign up for the Jonesboro Right Now Daily Brief Newsletter

This Week in Jonesboro

Recent Headlines

2 days ago in Lifestyle

Fall books: Fiction takes the spotlight in bookstores during the midterm season

Midterm election news will fill the headlines this fall, but, among book buyers, fiction will likely have top billing.

3 days ago in Entertainment

Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom for an extended stay starting this fall, but they won't resume their roles as working members of the royal family, The Associated Press learned Wednesday.

3 days ago in Entertainment, Music

After losing a friend and writing ‘Say So,’ Dan + Shay are back with the autobiographical ‘Young’

The lead single from Grammy Award-winning duo Dan + Shay's forthcoming album "Young" is a hard pivot from the wedding songs that make up so much of the country pair's discography.

4 days ago in Entertainment

Hayden Panettiere’s on-and-off boyfriend was at apartment where she died, police report says

Hayden Panettiere's on-and-off boyfriend Brian Hickersonand his brother Zach Hickerson were at the South Carolina apartment where the actor died over the weekend, according to a police report released Tuesday.

4 days ago in Entertainment, Music

Frank Beard, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame drummer of boogie-rock trio ZZ Top, dies at 77

Frank Beard, the drummer for the Texas boogie-rock trio ZZ Top who kept the tempo for the band's biggest hits like "Sharp Dressed Man," "Legs" and "Gimme All Your Lovin,'" has died. He was 77.