News

Jonesboro man faces felony charges, accused of strangling, threatening to kill victim

Jonesboro man faces felony charges, accused of strangling, threatening to kill victim

Craighead County Sheriff's Office Photo: Contributed


Jonesboro, AR – JonesboroRightNow.com – A Jonesboro man with a history of domestic violence is being held on a total of $125,000 in bonds after police said he attacked a woman twice in one week, threatening to “risk it all” before strangling her.

Dillion O’Brien Anderson, 30, faces several felony charges, including two counts of third-degree domestic battery, two counts of first-degree terroristic threatening, and one count of aggravated assault on a family or household member.

The charges stem from two violent incidents that occurred just five days apart at a home in the 300 block of Calion Street.

On Feb. 10, Jonesboro police officers responded to the residence for a domestic disturbance. According to the affidavit, Anderson made severe verbal threats against the victim, stating, “I’m going to risk it all. I ain’t got **** to lose. I’m-a kill you then I’m-a go to the next and finish everybody off.”

Following the threats, the victim told police that Anderson headbutted her. Officers on the scene noted a visible “knot” and significant swelling on the victim’s forehead consistent with the assault.

Police returned to the Calion Street home on Feb. 15, where the victim reported that Anderson had attempted to kill her. An affidavit states that Anderson became angry after the victim confronted him about speaking to other women. Police said that Anderson began strangling the victim while screaming that she was going to die.

Officers noted that the victim was shaking and crying while giving her statement, and they noticed that her neck was red with visible scratches.

Anderson was arrested and booked into the Craighead County Detention Center at 1:03 a.m. On Feb. 17, Judge Barbara Halsey found probable cause to charge him in both incidents. He is currently being held on two separate cash/surety bonds: $50,000 for the Feb. 10 case and $75,000 for the Feb. 15 case. He has also been ordered to have no contact with the victim.

Court documents reveal a history of similar offenses. Anderson previously pleaded guilty in October 2022 to aggravated assault on a family or household member and terroristic threatening in the first degree. At the time of his arrest this week, police confirmed Anderson had an active warrant out of Craighead County for terroristic threatening and domestic battery involving the same victim.

If convicted, Anderson faces up to 30 years in prison and $50,000 in fines across both cases. His next court appearance is scheduled for April 23.

This Week in Jonesboro

Recent Headlines

5 hours ago in Arts & Culture, Entertainment, Lifestyle, News

Jonesboro library hosting various events in March

google stret view of library

Several events are scheduled through March at the Craighead County Jonesboro Public Library.

8 hours ago in Business, Lifestyle, News

Winners of 24th Annual Delta Awards announced

The 24th Annual Delta Awards, in recognition of tourism excellence in Eastern Arkansas, were presented at Cooper Alumni Center on campus at Arkansas State University. 

11 hours ago in Food, Lifestyle, News

Arkansas ranks 3rd in nation for highest grocery spending; Jonesboro shoppers feel the strain

man holds basket and baby at grocery store

According to data released by WalletHub, Arkansas ranks third in the nation for the highest percentage of income spent on groceries.

12 hours ago in National, Trending

Iran and the US lean into gunboat diplomacy as nuclear talks hang in balance

Iran and the United States leaned into gunboat diplomacy on Thursday as nuclear talks between the nations hung in the balance....

12 hours ago in Music

U2’s new music honors Renee Good and draws inspiration from world events

U2 is returning with its first collection of new songs in nearly a decade, opening with a tribute to Renee Good...